MARYLAND WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER | ELKRIDGE FURNACE INN | VIVIAN & AARON
I know that I have mentioned September being a crazy month, so why not add to the mix and challenge myself to get back to blogging weekly as well? When content is this pretty, it’s hard not to be excited about showing off images! I’ve been working with some fantastic couples, amazing vendors, and magic has ensued. For this particular wedding, my good friend Jessica Hunt even joined me to second shoot which made starting off the month SO fun.
This beautiful wedding day belongs to Vivian and Aaron. These two lovebirds meat contacted me earlier in the year to photograph their wedding and I got to spend an afternoon with them exploring the University of Pennsylvania campus in Philly. They are both quiet and sweet, so it was no surprise that their wedding day was similar. Everyone loosened up on the dance floor through the night, coming together to celebrate the newlyweds with twirls, dips, and shaking hips.
“Five Favorite Things” from this wedding were:
- The florals. These beautiful arrangements had garden vibes and fit the aesthetic perfectly. I love the mix of pinks with corals and oranges so the light, airy theme transitioned perfectly for Fall.
- The food. Elkridge Furnace Inn always delivers on an amazing menu from start to finish. From the entree to the wedding cake, everything was delicious.
- The vows. Vivian and Aaron each opted to write their own vows. Not only were both super touching, but Aaron managed to memorize his and recite them from the heart. Yes. I cried.
- The grey tuxes. This is just a color that doesn’t happen enough. It’s beautiful within so many palettes and has definitely been underdone.
- The rose petal send off. Vivian was unable to get sparklers in time for a send off, so we put our heads together to come up with something that would be both memorable as well as photo friendly. We came up with the idea to have guests toss petals and as you’ll see below.. it was quite whimsical!
PHOTOGRAPHY | ASHTON KELLEY PHOTOGRAPHY
FLORALS | FLEUR DE LIS FLORIST
VENUE | ELKRIDGE FURNACE INN
TUXES | MEN’S WEARHOUSE
RIBBON | HONEY SILKS CO.